Quick Tip to Improve your Gymnasts Speed

Monday, February 11, 2013


Lately, I’ve been taking into consideration the main points of Mr. Takashi Kobayashi from our sharing session when creating lesson plans. A co-worker always reminds me, first they need the speed and power…and he says it in his awesome Chinese accent that gets me fired up. After going over my resources, I’ve come up terribly short when it comes to training speed, agility and quickness. 

I believe if we really want to learn how to train powerful runners, we need to learn from other sports professionals instead of staying within our gymnastics comfort zone. Makes sense, right?

After scouring the internet, I found a great digital product for any youth athlete coach trying to Developing Youth Speed.  A PDF e-book, Easy To Follow Manual With A 9-week Program


Instantly, I had a golden ticket to improve my gymnasts performances and I’ve been implementing their ideas within my training. Here’s a little bit of what I’ve got my girls doing. 




As you can see, this would be much more effective if we had a bigger facility. ;)


Nonetheless, I can tell these drills help my kids put in more effort with a fun twist. They are starting to transform their abilities where my co-workers are starting to notice the differences.

I highly suggest taking a look at what they have to offer at Developing Youth Speed. From the author:

youth speed training agility quickness strength speed coach workouts 
  • Lean how to incorporate balance, stretching, and movement that will have your athletes warmed up, breathing, sweating, and prepared to play at game speeds in less than 10 minutes.
  • Learn why progression is king for athletic development and how performing advanced exercises too soon will result in your athletes peaking too soon.
  • Do your athletes have a tryout coming up soon where being faster and quicker may mean the difference between making the team or not?
  • Learn how to properly and safely develop explosive power based on the athlete’s age and maturity using only a medicine ball. 
  • Learn how to use the agility ladder drills properly.  What 99% of coaches don’t know that could be hurting your development.


Sign up for their email list for FREE speed training tips and get your gymnasts FASTER

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger