Gymnast Nutrition Books

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Recently, I've been asked by a parent of one of my gymnasts to talk about nutrition in hopes to get her to get on track to healthy eating habits. Knowing that a "Coach Casie says to eat," might not cut it, I've decided to try an activity to get all the girls involved. 


I assigned the girls to bring in or send me a healthy snack recipe within a week. These were to be simple, easy to digest and low in fat and most of all something yummy that would make you want to dig in. To my delight, we came up with 18 recipes. I included one of my favorites Apple Walnut Toast via Rabbit Food for my Bunny Teeth.   


As tomorrow is the last day for one of my gymnasts repatriating to Australia, I made a cute little recipe book to be distributed to my teams. I'm hoping I'll be seeing these snacks during our snack breaks instead of the beloved ice-blended Milos.





You can visit my SlideShare and see the complete book


Having a gym recipe book is a fantastic idea for a booster club fundraiser.  Has anyone tried to sell recipes for a profit in their gym?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger