Yummy Quinoa Patty Recipe

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I've become the queen of patties around my house, even grandpa and grandma have fallen for these yummy treats. The best thing about it is they are easy peasy.

Coming home after a whole night of coaching, normally I loathe doing ANYTHING in the kitchen except eating. Last night was different, I had the motivation to make something nutritious and delicious in less time it takes my girls to do a complete warm-up.



What you'll need:

-1 cup quinoa
- cream cheese
- carrots
- bread crumbs
-vegetable oil
-ground cumin
-pepper

How you'll make these babies: 

*note: I'm not the one to use exact measurements, I usually eyeball it
1. Cook quinoa according to directions on package
2. Cut philadelphia cream cheese in half and smash it in a bowl.
3. Grate one carrot or two and smash it in the smashing bowl.
4. Add your spices and smash that around too.
5. Add quinoa & bread crumbs and smash it like crazy.
6. Pop in the fridge over night

The next day is my favorite part, but I bet you would have thought the smashing part was.

7. Take a handfull of the smashing concoction and make some epic patties.
8. Heat oil in frying pan to medium heat.
9. Add those epic patties & cook til golden brown.
10. Flip and cook the other side.
11. EAT those AWESOME patties!

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. If you have any recipes like these I would love to test them out myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger