D.I.Y. Ice Packs for In and Out of the Gym

Saturday, March 2, 2013

At the beginning of the day our freezers start out full with handmade ice-cube packs and store bought ice-packs. Daily minor icing of youngsters boo boos are a natural occurrence in any gymnastics center, not to mention the team ice party sessions that are way too frequent and sometimes ridiculous. By the end of the day, both of our freezers look quite bare and we're off to buying new packs and refilling the ice trays. Who knows where those things end up!

I found a great way to cut costs in and out of the gym, after taking a hint from a friend when I asked about my little funky one always wanting ice packs. (We live very close to the equator and have no air conditioning, I can't blame her!) I thought I would share this simple, cost effective and brilliant idea with the gymnastics world. 





Dish Soap (with GLITTER!) in Freezer Bags 

1. Get yourself some dish soap. Just about any will do. 
2. While your at it grab some Glad Freezer bags too. (Don't go for Ziplock, they don't lock their zip so well.)
3. Line a small bowl or coffee mug with the Glad Freezer bag so you don't get soap all over. 
4. Put the soap in the bag. 
5. Add glitter and bling it out! 
6. Seal the bag. 
7. Put another bag over the first bag, seal and store in the freezer. 

There are a few things I love about this. First, it's cheap and I can do this very quickly. Second, I can be creative and add glitter or small little toys. I'm just dying for Halloween to add spiders into some. Third, the ice molds around body parts making it so much more effective than those ice-cubes. Fourth, a gymnast can make these at home, ice and de-stress.

However, I think the Glitter Ice Packs awesomeness might result in more attendees in the daily ice parties.




2 comments:

  1. I love this idea and am going to try it out at our gym!
    However, I can not seem to share it with my friends on facebook:( the facebook link just takes me to nothingness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see some pics of them!

      Thanks for letting me know about this naughty Facebook button, ill get on the ball and fix it tonight. In the mean time, copy and paste into FB browser. http://www.coachcasie.com/2013/03/diy-ice-packs-for-in-and-out-of-gym.html

      Delete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger