Making Conditioning Fun!

Monday, November 21, 2011

More than half of the Pre-teams practice is strength and conditioning based gymnastics, yet we have so much fun. Earlier in the term, I made bingo cards for each of the girls. One for each event; vault, bars, beam, floor. I asked them to take it home and color them however they liked and bring them back. Then I laminated them and keep them for the girls. As I do my lesson plans, I make sure there is at least 1 or 2 sticker opportunities for our events for the day. They are totally motivated & for me its fun to see them working so hard to get conditioning with good form. I'm pretty tough on these little ones when it comes to good form for a couple weeks it seemed like we couldn't get it right!


Week 12 seemed to be the magic number when we started to get BINGO! 
I'm happy to see the girls getting so strong and excited about body shapes, conditioning and flexibility. It's easy for all of us to track our progress in a fun way. They are even starting to cheer each other on and show great sportsmanship by congratulating each other for good efforts. They are learning so much more than just gymnastics skills here in the gym and it is such a joy to be apart of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger